Wednesday, June 09, 2010

DRIVE-IN, HE SAID!



(Click to enlarge. The credits are worth reading!)

My great vagabond friend Larry Aydlette has a new home under a familiar moniker-- Welcome to L.A.. Larry has been busy assembling some fabulous Polaroids in an ongoing gallery, many of them noir-centered , some of them meant to remind you that in this movie she seemed to be the most beautiful woman alive, and some meant to put a big ol' smile on my face.

Larry has taken a familiar image drawn by my daughter (I think she was only six at the time?) and played around with it in some very creative and amusing ways. The picture above is but only one sample. Check 'em all out at Welcome to L.A. and stay for all the multimedia delights Larry has in store for you at his new digs. (I really enjoyed the John Singer Sargent slide show!)

Thanks, Larry, for the crazy tribute! You made my family laugh like little donkeys this evening! But now Emma wants royalties. Kids these days.

************************************************

4 comments:

Greg said...

I lose track of where Larry goes. He's like a mysterious and magical sprite. I'll enjoy checking in at Welcome to LA before it vanishes, in three weeks.

bill r. said...

Were the Pom Pom Girls as nice as they seem?

PS - Sorry I didn't take part in your last quiz, Dennis, but for the first time most of the questions were almost completely out of my zone of knowledge. I felt like an amateur just reading it.

Anonymous said...

спасибо .

Tony Dayoub said...

Welcome to LA

June 9, 2010 - June 18, 2010

RIP

Gone too soon.