Thursday, January 14, 2010

JOE TORRE, ROAD WARRIOR?



The other night, as I pulled to a stop at the light on the corner of Highland and Franklin in Hollywood, I came face to face with a gigantic billboard for the new movie starring Mel Gibson. But for some reason-- perhaps the studio knows something about the impending baseball season and the dark cloud that has been hovering over Chavez Ravine ever since the McCourts announced their divorce-- Warners is advertising their new movie, the one with the gloomy portentous title, using Joe Torre's mug instead of Mel's. Or is it just me?



*********************************

3 comments:

Uncle Gustav said...

If they ever make a movie about Joe Torre, one actor who could play him as well as look like him is Maurice Benard.

Dennis Cozzalio said...

You know, I never would have connected that name with Torre-- Benard isn't jowly enough (yet)-- but seeing those pictures, I can definitely see how he could work.

Ned Merrill said...

Damn! I can't believe I missed the resemblance! And, I count myself as a big baseball fan, too. Not so much Mel, but the campaign has piqued my interest in this film.